Meet Dr. Omel Cardenas
Oral Surgeon in Harlingen, TX
Dr. Cardenas is a native Texan born and raised in Garland. His parents were both raised in Matamoros Mexico so he speaks both English and Spanish and his family still resides in Matamoros and Brownsville.
Dr. Cardenas has an extensive list of credentials including:
- Undergraduate degree in Biology from Texas A&M University.
- DDS degree from Baylor College of Dentistry, completing an additional general dentistry program from Peninsula Hospital in Queens, NY.
Dr. Cardenas continued on and increased his level of care by completing an Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery training program from Martin Luther King/ Charles Drew Medical Center in affiliation with Harbor – UCLA Medical Center and Kaiser Permanente Medical Center.
Dr. Omel Cardenas had practiced in Denton and Decatur for three years prior to his current practice. During his studies, he has found time to give back to the community and to those less fortunate.
He has traveled on several mission trips to Mexico, Honduras, and Peru to give back to the community with the skills he has acquired.
Dr. Cardenas’ has extensive training in the full scope of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery including:
Office-based anesthesia, Corrective & Reconstructive Jaw Surgery, Dental Implantology, Trauma Surgery and Nonsurgical/surgical management of Temporomandibular Joint Disorders. Dr. Cardenas’ particular area of interest isDental Implantology.
Because of his dedication to the learning of Hard and Soft Tissue Oral Reconstructive Surgery to facilitate dental implant placement,
Dr. Cardenas uses the latest cutting-edge procedures and technology offered today. As a result of his passion for excellence in his field of practice, Dr. Cardenas is sought after by students and colleagues alike to share his knowledge and experience.
- Call us at Cardenas Dental Implants & Oral Surgery Phone Number 956-216-7570 to schedule a consultation with Dr. Cardenas.
- Prepare for your First Visit.
- Download our Patient Forms.
- Get directions to our office.
Dr. Cardenas’ philosophy embraces a belief in educating you on your oral health. Although a specialist, he does believe in making your experience worth your investment.
He finds it a privilege in allowing you to trust him with your treatment and family members. Dr. Cardenas understands that we may not have an established trust but more one that he has developed with your general dentist.
Dr. Cardenas will give you his honest opinion and your options for the treatment you are seeking. Dr. Cardenas was raised by both his parents’ one being a Certified Public Accountant who has taught him the value of a dollar.
This is a professional business, and he believes that you should be an integral part of the diagnostic process and should take an active role in it. Dr. Cardenas will treat you with the respect in giving you the best value for the dollar.
Dr. Cardenas is a member of the following dental associations:
National Dental Associations:
- American Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- American College of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Dental Association
- Hispanic Dental Association
- Rio Grande Valley Dental Society
Local Dental Associations:
- Texas Dental Association
- Texas Society of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
- North Texas Hispanic Dental Society www.nthda.com
- Rio Grande Valley Dental Society