Important Information Regarding COVID-19
Our dear patients,
As uncertainty around the coronavirus exists, we want to assure you that the health and safety of our patients and employees is our priority.
In an effort to support national efforts to fight the COVID- 19 pandemic, our practice is taking the following steps to help assure your health and well-being and that of our community.
We recognize that these are unprecedented times and we are actively adapting to the environment to ensure our patients’ well-being. We are offering our patients multiple options for their visit with us:
- First and foremost, if you are experiencing a surgical emergency, such as the ones listed below, our office will be available for you to be seen.
• Bleeding that doesn’t stop • Broken or knocked-out tooth • Painful swelling in or around your mouth • Facial Fractures or Broken Jaw • Pain in a tooth, teeth or jaw bone • Snipping or adjusting wire of braces that hurts your cheek or gums • Gum infection with pain or swelling • Biopsy of abnormal tissue • After surgery treatment (dressing change, stitch removal) • Denture adjustment for people receiving radiation or other treatment for cancer
- If you are a patient who is scheduled to be seen for an urgent issue, we are giving you the option to fill out your paperwork online by downloading the forms or remotely in your car to minimize inter-personal contact. Simply call our office number Cardenas Dental Implants & Oral Surgery Phone Number 956-216-7570 when you arrive, and we will accommodate you accordingly. Once we are ready for your appointment, we will call you to come in to be seen in a consultation room immediately.
- You may also proceed into our waiting room as usual and our staff will assist you.
- Beginning Monday, May 11th, we will be accommodating appointments and with changes in accordance with CDC, national, and/or state recommendations.
- We will continue complying with active “Social Distancing”
- We will continue to use universal precautions with enhanced infection control measures as we begin innervating to be a more personalized practice.
- If you are already scheduled for a consultation, we will contact you soon to discuss your health status, health screening protocols, and confirm whether the appointment should be kept. Of course, please call us right away if you have a dental emergency or need immediate care.
As dedicated health care professionals, we want you to know that we remain as diligent as ever in protecting the health and safety of our patients and staff. Our practice strictly adheres to and exceeds the standards for infection control by wearing personal protective gear, using hospital-grade disinfectants, practicing the latest sterilization protocols, utilizing single-use disposable materials, and more. Every effort we have in place is to ensure the safety of our patients and staff. We want you to know that we are monitoring this situation very closely, and we will keep you updated regularly.
Symptoms of coronavirus are reported as flu-like, with varying degrees of severity. While we do not know everything about this virus to date, individuals who are elderly and/or immunocompromised appear to be the most at risk of a severe infection. To ensure your health and safety, and the health and safety of everyone at our practice, please reschedule your appointment if you or a member of your household has a cough, fever, and/or flu-like symptoms. In addition, please reschedule your appointment if you have traveled to any areas within the past 14 days that are at high risk for contracting the coronavirus.
We thank you in advance and extend our gratitude for your understanding and cooperation. Together, we can help keep everyone as safe and healthy as possible. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our office, and one of our staff members will be more than happy to assist you.
For more information, including measures to keep yourself healthy, visit the following links:
- Prevention: View CDC Guidelines
- Symptoms: View Information from the CDC
- Steps When Sick: View the Steps
Thank you for your continued trust,
GOD BLESS AMERICA
Omel Cardenas D.D.S.